Novels That Rock

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Another little tease...from Falling Into Love...


Okay, ladies and gents, here is another glimpse into the world of touring 101...LOL!




Excerpt

“Can I talk to you?”
I zoned out for a moment before I looked up and faced Seth. He was high but far from out of it. I stood and followed him into the restroom before he closed the door and locked it behind us.
My heart began to race but not for the reasons he probably thought as I whipped around to face him. “Why did you do that?”
“Cut the bullshit, Syd. Is Talia leaving me? I’m not stupid and I know she never came back to bed last night. She slept on the sofa opposite of you and what was with you staying with us anyway?” he inquired as he clutched a bottle of Jack Daniels and swigged from it.
“Talia doesn’t plan to go anywhere as far as I know. Yes, she likes to talk to Kris and Kaz but I can assure you nothing is going on with either guy. For some reason unknown to me, she still loves you very much. She won’t leave you because she believes she would be abandoning you. What that has to do with you would have to ask her. She didn’t tell me about your relationship in detail…I have no idea what happened to you as a kid,” I explained in a neutral voice before I finished my Ginger Ale and wished I had another.
Seth’s gray-green eyes stared me up and down before his eyes lingered on my breasts and finally dragged back up to my face. “You’re not preggers, are you? You had that greenish look to you when you came back from the stadium area but now you look pretty healthy to me.”
“That’s none of your business to be honest but since inquiring minds want to know, no, I am not. I think I ate something that didn’t agree with me and I have been sick for the last few days.”
“Yeah, that’s what Talia told me when I inquired why she wasn’t feeling well. Then the next thing I know she’s lookin’ fresh and glowing like a goddamn two hundred watt light bulb. You bitches seem to love to have babies sucked out of you but you never think about us and how we might feel. Men sure do get the short end of the stick in society.”
I felt like I had been slapped in the face.

One, Seth was a drug user, and therefore loose-lipped. The last thing I needed was him telling all his band mates what he suspected because eventually Kaz would find out. I couldn’t have that because he would think I didn’t want his baby when to be the mother of his future children was all I wanted but was our relationship strong enough to deal with one right now?

To Be Continued...

Have a great evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment